Historical Bike Tours
In partnership with the African American Heritage Association, Hillary Van Dyke will lead bike tours on the Heritage Trail that highlight the history curated by AAHA, engage with the murals in the Deuces neighborhood, and discuss information about segregation history in downtown St. Pete.
Participants will enjoy a mid-ride break and be encouraged to spend their dollars in the Deuces neighborhood. Note that part of the sales go to the AAHA!
● Start near Al Lang Stadium (discussion will start with the segregation in Downtown St. Pete)
● Head to Deuces Corridor (stopping along the way for mural pictures)
● Ride the Heritage Tour (stopping along the way for mural pictures)
● Lunch/Shopping in Deuces Corridor
● Ride back to Demen’s Landing for closing circle
The ride is about 11 miles long with frequent breaks.
People without bikes can rent bikes from the Coast Bike Share at the meeting spot.
No refunds. End time is estimated.